Thursday 25 April 2013

Finished Journal page

Good morning friends
If you visited my desk on Wednesday you may remember I had a journal page on my desk that I was not sure where it was going .... well it went in this direction


 The background was done using left over paint from a previous page rather than waste it. I applied it with a baby wipe which gives a great smooth finish. I added a bit of detail with a Prima flourish mask before starting to stamp.
 All the background imagery, the birds, splots background sentiment and feathers are from Visible Image. The Give wings to your dreams was stamped onto card using a small alphabet stamp set and aged with some Walnut Stain and Stormy Sky Distress ink
 The main sentiment was stamped onto card and aged the same way as the smaller words. The character (Also Visible Image) was stamped onto white card and coloured with Distress Markers. I love the "ink blot" bird, don't you?
I'm not someone who "colours in" a lot but I am pleased with how he came out. I couldn't use my Copics as I don't have the right ink pad to stop it bleeding. (Will rectify that soon!)
To add the finishing touch I used Picket Fence white Distress Paint to add circles, lines and dots to the page with assorted lids lego and card. Shadows were added with charcoal and the page was bordered with my new best friend; something I looked at a while ago and thought; hmmm, I wonder... a Tippex correction pen! It gives a great white mark so I'm pleased I tried it.

I'm entering this into a few challenges this week

Over at The Visible Image blog, the challenge is Stamping so I'm entering this into their challenge. After all, it is their stamps so it would be rude not to!

Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes theme so this is anything.....

Simon Says Stamp and Show has a colour theme this week; I've used enough colour and colouring mediums to fit the bill too.

Creative Craft World the theme is Blues and/or Browns

Fashionable Stamping - Sentimental

Also, just a reminder, I've a small giveaway on my blog to celebrate reaching 500 followers, the details are HERE and you could win these goodies, all my own designs.
Hope you have a great day everyone.

16 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, two wonderful pages, the saying is great. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Candy C said...

Neil...your art journal pages are brilliant! I love the blue background you created with left over paint and a baby wipe. I also love all of the random stamping of birds, feathers and sentiments. The white circles, lines and dots really add alot, too. And, that guy that you colored in (when you normally are not one who colors in) is wonderful! I really like your main sentiment that you have trailing across the pages. Very cool advice and it's perfect for your pages. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Claudine said...

Wow, I love this page, The color is wonderful and all the feathers, so cool!!

Sioux P said...

I knew it would turn out fantastic! Said it looked good when you showed to us first. Now...... well, love it!

TwinkleToes2day said...

I have recently discovered the joy of using baby wipes to apply paint and use with watercolours & water soluble crayons to make back grounds.
I love everything about this whole spread. The blue shade is fab, the blotches and the quote are awesome. That feather stamp is covetable. I'm also jealous of your mini alphabet stamping, I always end up with too big spaces. Any tips Neil? :) Mo

mark gould said...

I love how the page turned out, The chap looks great coloured with the distress markers.

Nan G said...

Cool little dude! Great pages and love that splat bird!

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous pages, Neil! Love your combination of stamps. Am particularly fond of the ink blot bird. I try and try to get journaling but it just doesn't seem to stick. Too worried about screwing up, I guess. you're doing a great job. Can't wait to see more. xxD

MiniOwner said...

Oh wow, Neil, that's just stunning! Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Visible Image said...

Awesome journal pages Neil, love what you've done with our stamps and glad you're loving the inky bird. Great way to add the words too. Thanks for entering our Get Stamping challenge! Mark & Helen x

susibee said...

Love your journal pages. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World.

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous journal pages!! Wonderful work!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Mrs.B said...

Two great journal pages, and a wonderful sentiment.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril

Terry said...

Neil, this is so cool! I love how the young man just pops right off! Thank you for joining us at FSC!

Fliss said...

Wow! Really fab journal pages Neil. So much awesome detail.
Thanks so much for joining in with our FSC sentimental challenge.
Fliss x

Sarah said...

Beautiful - thank you for joining us at CCW Hugs Sarah x x