As I'm sure that many of you will know, Tim Holtz set a challenge to create a project using his Tattered Floral die. All the details can be found HERE if you haven't seen it yet!
Well, this is one of the most used dies in my collection so I was definitely up for it but wasn't sure what to make until the penny dropped in my mind; I was planning to create something using lace but perhaps I could switch lace for tattered floral? Answer, yes! After cracking ahead and getting some deadlines under my belt I allowed myself the luxury of "me time" so may I introduce Kiki, all dressed up for the ball.......
I started off with a 12 x 12 canvas and sprayed it liberally with Dylusions inks (most of the new colours) I added details using a Prima Flourish mask and water and dried it off with the heat gun. I added some Perfect Pearl sprays too though you can't see the sparkle here.
Then I cut a bunch of flowers, stamped in archival using my bubble stamps and coloured with the same colours of Dylusions. Dried them and shaped them all ready.
I stamped Kiki onto tissue and worked out where I was going to put her and removed some of the colours behind with water before adhering it with Matte Multi Medium.
The colours in reality are much more vibrant and shimmery than the photo shows but I hope you like it! I'm really pleased with it, love the way the flowers build up and give really great dimension.
Hope you have a lovely day.