Sunday 6 January 2013

Alpha Challenge

Good morning everyone,yes, today is day one of The Craft Barn's Alpha Challenge..... For all the details do pop on over by clicking the picture on my sidebar  to get to the information page or click here for the first challenge post and join in the fun!
I thought I'd take this opportunity to share a bit more about how I'm approaching this challenge. Firstly, though I am using a dictionary page I decided that I didn't want to use a complete dictionary so instead I am tearing the pages out of a dictionary and gluing them into another journal. This way I don't have pages I need to glue together or blank pages between the ones I want to use.

I also decided that as a theme, I wanted to create my A to Z of inspiration  and encouragement. Something meaningful to me so my book is going to consist of verses from the Scriptures that are special to me.

So, here in a bit more detail; is my first page The first letter we are doing is V and my word is Verity - from the Latin Veritas - Truth.
 I've stuck the pages down with multi medium. The word has been highlighted by colour as well as stamping.
 I've used a mask and Distress ink to add interest and the verse has been stamped in archival and coloured with Distress Marker.

So there you have my first play. Hopefully I'll see yours too!

5 comments:

Francesca said...

Its a lovely couple of pages, i love the colours. Where did you get the face! Love Francesca

Helen said...

I was just thinking I must remember to check out this challenge today. This looks great. Hope to join in..

ionabunny said...

Very excited about this challenge. Working on an idea or two. Hopefully it will all come together soon....... Love your pages.

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Your pages just really blow me away. I wish someday to do this kind of page more...What kind of journal is it you are working in? I just am so amazed and inspired but am not sure where to start! AM working a teeny bit on altered book. But nothing like what I see you and the others in the groups do ! I also LOVE your blog Title area which shows such a neat creation. I wonder what it is you used to make that multiple window box collage thing! Not sure what you call it- but thank you for the inspiration, Neil- I love that you used a dictionary in the current creation.

Elaine said...

Great first page and lovely choice of word. Love your colouring and subject - it'll be a great book at the end of the year!!