Monday 29 October 2012

Bit of a scrape.......

Good morning everyone.
Can't quite believe it's a new week already and almost a new month! This year seems to have flown past. Still; I try to be grateful for each new day and for the possibilities it brings; as the psalmist says: His mercies are new every morning.
Thought I'd share a journal page that I finished on Friday evening. On Friday's (after supper and catch up of Downton Abbey) Susan and I go down to the studio just to spend some time creating together, mainly in our journals. It's a time that I appreciate and value very much. This is what I ended up with
 I started out by covering the page with Studio Gesso and then using the back of a paintbrush to doodle and scribble my way across the page. I did this in the morning and popped it by the radiator to dry (though you could always gently use a heat gun)
 When it was dry in the evening I used Distress stains to colour the page and highlight the surface texture and dried it with a heat gun. I stamped random texture from Tim Holtz mixed media over the page. The image is from Stampotique and has been coloured in with Distress markers.
 The "sign" is Tim Holtz. Very apt I think.
I stamped Dyan Reavely's border stamps along the bottom and top and coloured with her inks to add colour. Once everything was dry I sealed it with a spray sealer because the inks don't absorb into the gesso.

I love the texture on this page; it's fun to do.
Hope you all have a great and creative day.

6 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

oh wow.. adorable textures!

GREAT!

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Neil
You have been keeping so busy creating lately, good to see your makes. The texture on this page is really effective and I love your colour palette. It is lovely to read how much you value your time... me too!
Jo x

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

fabulous background !

mark gould said...

beautiful pages, Love the colour combo and the stampotique image looks great. I will be along next sat to see what your up to,should be a good demo day.

Michelle said...

Wonderful page Neil and just love the idea of you and Susan sitting crafting together. Alan and I spend lovely evenings in the craft room - he is creative on the computer me on paper but its a special 'togetherness' time. So glad yo share something similar.
X Michelle

Dawn Pritchard The Inked Stamper said...

I love the texture on your page! TFS!