Thursday 6 September 2012

TAP project for The Craft Barn

Good morning folks

This week at The Craft Barn blog we're looking at Transfer Artist Paper (TAP) and this morning it's my turn.  I did this box as my project.


I wanted to try the paper on a non fabric surface to begin with and tried it directly onto the box but I'll be honest in that it didn't give me the result I was hoping for so had a re think and in the end discovered one thing that I like about TAP; and that is that by using it with stamps you can get a mirror image of your image which I think is pretty cool!

So what I did is stamp the owl onto the box in black archival ink and then stamped the image onto the TAP in the same ink and then transferred it onto white binding cloth and cut it out and adhered it over the messed up image! I really like the way the owls are facing opposite each other now. I used distress inks to add some colour to the main owl to tone in but still be lighter than the background image. Distress markers add the yellow highlights beautifully too.
The box was coloured with Distress inks, I used a Tando mask to add circle details with Inka gold and stamped the leaf image randomly around the edges too. Lastly to finish I adhered a "branch to the box with some old jewellery hanging from it.
For more ways of using TAP why don't you check out the rest of the fabulous projects at the blog HERE
Hope you like it. This is what I used to create it

Paper Mache box
TAP paper
Distress stain - Stormy sky
Distress ink - stormy sky and walnut stain
Tando circles mask
Inka gold - 909 old silver
Indigo Blu - Twit Twoo
Binding cloth - white

Also this week's special offer is 15% off Distress stains (which I love!) Just enter DISTRESS15 at the checkout.
Hope you have yourselves a lovely and creative day.

3 comments:

Francesca said...

You owls look great, have learned something, didn't realise you could stamp directly on the TAP. Love Francesca

Michelle said...

Love how you've used the owl stamp and I'd never have thought to use the TAP paper to reverse an image - inspired. Loving the little trinket you used to embellish it too!
X Michelle

shirley said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing the technique :)