Sunday 22 July 2012

What the postman brought......

Good morning everyone.
Been so busy preparing for visitors (why is it so important to get the "first impressions" right I wonder sometimes?) that I keep forgetting to share this fabulous cigar box I received from Eileen, my swap partner for this swap on the kindred spirits forum.
 I just love all the keys on the lid and the textures of the card are brilliant, almost like old leather.
 The sides have been covered with images and again, the colour and textures are fabulous. Don't you just love the chain "garland around the edges? Eileen has used the wooden bingo letters for feet which I thought was clever too.
The inside is pretty cool too with all the tissue tape on the top lid and the painted and masked paper too.
But it didn't stop there as Eileen had filled the box with goodies too!
A district market note book, a moldable foam stamp. (I've wanted one for ages and never seen one so this was a real blessing!) I love the ATC the layers and texture are fab and the sentiment very apt, then some lovely vintage ephemera and a stamped statue of Liberty. All wrapped in gorgeous rainbow ribbon.

I feel truly blessed to have received this from someone whose blog I have followed almost from when I first started blogging and whose work inspired me; so thank you Eileen. It has pride of place in my lounge as my wife wouldn't let me take it to my studio! Too nice she said!

I've been working in my garden quite a bit too over the last few days so here's a photo. We've a special 80th birthday celebration here soon so it needs to look good!


Enjoy your day everyone. Hope you get some creative time too.

7 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...what an absolute delight it must of been when all the wraping fell away and your swap was there in front of you...Eileen has altered this box with so much thought & attention to detail, it's beautiful, loVe all the keys & the chunky knob, the contrasting papers inside are gorgeous...a beautiful piece to display...Mel :)
Gorgeous looking garden Neil :)

Judys Lace Creations said...

Luv that box!
Especially love your pretty garden.lots of little spots to explore. Hope the 80th party goes well.Hope you have plenty of sunshine to enjoy your garden in..

Francesca said...

Lovely garden, with secret bits like mine. Nice place to chill out, and of course parties! What a beautiful pressie to receive you are very lucky. love francesca

Ali H said...

What a lovely box of stash - both the box & the goodies ! Amazing how crafty people are generous nice people wherever you find them ! Hope the weather stays good for hosting your celebration ! Ali x

Heidi Bound said...

What a beautiful creation from Eileen. She is a dear friend of mine-she is a beautiful person. So thrilled that you have a piece of her art!

mark gould said...

great box neil and the garden is looking great.

Irene said...

The box and contents a real treasure,and,so is your garden