Tuesday 24 April 2012

April tag and storage unit

Good morning peeps.
I finally got my April tag completed for Tim's 12 tags of 2012! Where has this month gone?
This time I had most of the product and did a very similar tag just because I really like it all. I used a map stamp to do the background, don't have green distress powder so the leaves are just inked up but the branch is distress powder. I used Spiced Marmalade and Pine Needles for the tag with vintage photo around the distressed edges. I left the crown off the bird because I don't have it and the other things I tried looked a bit naff.
I used ranger's enamel accents for the eye of the bird, blob of black then a tiny blob of white.
All the details of Tim's tag are HERE.

Then I finished my storage unit that I started yesterday (For the before photo's if you haven't seen them, the post is HERE) There are a load of photos but it was difficult to get decent pictures of it as a whole!
 I have to say, I am really really pleased with it! Yesterday I just had to do something just for me; do you have day's like that where you have a thousand things to do but just have the need to do something that is not for someone else?
 The top has a copper patina tag at the back. The fob watch had had the clock remove and I stamped a gentleman inside, added some cogs and watch parts and coloured it with alcohol inks to get rid of the shiny silver. I added a pen nib to the base of it too. The bottle is a water spray bottle that I metalised with gold mixative and alcohol inks. the lid is covered with tissue tape with a layer of multi medium to seal. It is still functional though it looks much better!
 I aged the pressure gauge with paints and inks. Stamped a crackle stamp onto it in archival and removed to get that lovely aged and unusual effect.
 All the "metal" is various mirricards in different shades of silver and gold embossed with Tim's new metal effect embossing folders and aged with paint. Here's another detail pic.
 Side view of the unit
 I used the new drawer pull tabs on the drawers; aren't they fab. Each drawer pull has a word in sealed with crackle glaze to spell out the sentence "Capture and treasure your creative soul"



Hope you're still awake at the back there! I really really enjoyed doing this and for those of you who read yesterday's post. Yes, words have been eaten by a certain someone!
Now over at Try it on Tuesday this week it's an anything goes theme using products from The Craft Barn. A lot of these products come from there ( like the embossing folders HERE and the label pulls HERE so why don't you pop on over to the blog and join in the fun, you could win the prize from our sponsor.......

Right, duty calls so I hope you all have a great and creative day.

17 comments:

Joanne said...

I can see you and Tim becoming best buddies. Make sure you show him photos of your amazing work, he will be very impressed I'm sure, 'cos I know I am.
Hugs Joanne xx

Dee in N.H. said...

OMG! That is fabulous! How will you ever get anything else done today?! I would be too busy gazing at the new cabinet to do anything else! Love it!

Rita said...

Neil, Thank-You for sharing this beautiful piece of Art with us. I agree with joanne ,be sure and let Tim see this. Hugs Rita xx

Therese D in Oz said...

Looooooovethe storage container Neil! It is stunning. You definitely earned your place at Ranger U.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! You wouldn't recognise it as the same set of drawers - just stunning! I love what you've done with the fob-watch and the drawer fronts are just fab. A brilliant makeover that must be a pleasure to use. Elizabeth

shirley said...

WOW! Just fabulous...love every detail :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

Just amaZing, love it!! The is nothing else to say!!! Hugs trace x

Rachelcardqueen said...

I love it! and comments are all true!

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

It's Fabulous Neil.....I want one too.

Summite said...

I new I could have confidence in you..... Your project is AMAZING........

Helen said...

FABULOUS drawers!! They look amazing.

hazel said...

Your project is amazing - I love it and want one.
xxx Hazel.

mark gould said...

That new embossing folder looks great,the whole piece has come out really well. a good find and a fantastic conversion.
Have fun at Ranger Uni.

Elly said...

I expected a great looking storage unit but not...that stunning!!!! I am really jealous (:o)
Yes, you're somehow brilliant, too.

nikkib said...

wow,wow,wow loving the storage unit Neil, esp the way you have used the embossing folders..... the tags great too.....

Winnie said...

I came over to see you great tag, and what I found really blew me away...Your pieces are amazing. I am sitting here wishing that cabinet and drawers were in my stamp space.... Just amazing.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like your tag, but I love your storage unit. It's a work of art. Blessings!