Monday 20 February 2012

Saturday was fun!

Hi there everyone
I hope you all had a good weekend; I certainly did! So here is my Saturday.......... A loooooong one so pull up a chair and grab a coffee! woke up at silly o clock which was to be expected I guess and toodled off to the station to catch the train to the NEC.
Taking a photo of your reflection; that's what you do at 6:30am.......... then I was hungry so ate my breakfast and made a silver surfer to guard my ticket
Yes, I know; there's not much hope for people like me; still, I'm happy. We got there easily enough and ridiculously early so we went outside to the lake and then decided to do some geocaching while we were there. First find of the day was hidden here
Then it was back for a coffee; Starbucks was closed so had to settle for this; more caffeine, as if I was not wired up enough!
We walked around to the LG Arena and I loved all the different textures and colours on this living wall.

Then it was time for me to don my hiking boots and trundle myself over to the workshop room; Being my first time at the NEC, though I knew in my head it was a big place; walking seemed to take forever! I got to the other side at last, found the room and sneaked a peek through the door; yes!!!! Tim was there! So; I met up with Andy Skinner and had a good chat; more coffee with Kathy and then it was time to go in.
 This is what we had waiting for us.
Some of Tim's new distress markers (Fab!), Ranger's new waterbrushes, The new Dylusians masks and a prepped kit. Tim took the first session and this is what we did.
Loads of fun stuff, playing with old favourites as well as some new stuff; I was really pleased to try out the markers; I think I'm going to have plenty of fun with them! I agree with Tim, Ranger's new glue stick REALLY DOES WORK!  I had a good time and afterwards I had a lovely chat with both Tim
and Mario; could not forget him!
I had a fabulous time! The second half of the workshop we started on an  altered book with Dyan Reaveley but I'm not finished mine yet so I'll share that later!
So all super excited I went back to my wife who'd been waiting patiently for me reading a good book (And being chatted up by a guy to boot; honestly, leave her alone for a few hours!) and we made our way back home  with a little side stroll along the Thames..........

14 comments:

Myrto said...

You are so lucky! Now THIS is the way to spend a weekend!

CLaire said...

wow...its TIM.... lucky you.... looked like you had a fun weekend...
CLaire x

Helen said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all!!! Can't wait to see the rest of your workshop work!

Artyjen said...

How fab!. Thanks for sharing
xoxo Sioux

ElizabethR said...

Sounds like you both had a fun weekend. New goodies look great! Elizabeth x

Sue said...

:::sigh::: Looks like a grand time! LOVE that living wall.

JoZart Designs said...

Lucky you and I'm so pleased you enjoyed such a magic day. Great to read all about it.
JoZarty x

Rainbow Lady said...

Shame I missed you .... I was in the afternoons class.... it was wonderful just as you say. Just got back so not done my report yet xx

Belinda Basson said...

At least you have wonderful photos to remember your day by. I find the build up to the event takes forever and the day goes in a blink of an eye. Did you get to meet Kaz from Shabby Shed blog? She was there somewhere too.

Brenda Brown said...

How fabulous Neil and I am soooo jealous. Love your make and take and the pics. Your walk across the bridge in London seems to be exactly the one I did last Tuesday night.
Have a great week.
hugs {brenda} xox

505whimsygirl said...

Wow - your weekend was quite exciting. I love the project you made with Tim. I've seen the butterflies and was tempted.... but resisted. oh well.

Kay

BJ said...

Wow Neil, not only do you get to meet Tim and Dyan but you are a fellow geocacher too. What a fab weekend! Gregorian

Rachelcardqueen said...

Soooooooooooooo jealous!!! sounds like you had a fab time - whilst i was at work slaving away so everyone can get a council tax bill!! havent even had time to look at Andy's workshop yet!!!

paxlove said...

Like your website and your creativity -too bad more men aren't into cards and this kind of shit.

Take care,

Pax