Thursday 12 January 2012

Another Altered bird.

Hi there, yes, just little old me again playing catch up. Last year I found another bird shape while out so had myself a little play with it. It is similar to my first bird but different too!
I went for brighter colours this time with all the stamping done using a selection of Crafty Individuals stamps.
The wings and fringing are all done with grunge paper which is great for projects like this as it keeps the shape so you can get some really lovely details that will stay, like this fringing detail along the back of the head.
The "crown" and "breastplate" were made by bending some ornate metal corners and colouring with alcohol inks.
O used the same corners to add interest to the back section as well which I particularly like. I also embossed some of the grunge paper with the regal flourish folders to add some more texture too.
I used some idea-ology tokens and chain to dangle from the wings, made some grunge roses for the base along with some vintage tape measure and loads of sparklely gems (to cover the nails!) to finish.
So there you have it, the latest addition to my bird menagerie, hope you like it.

22 comments:

Gio said...

Neil, it's such a gorgeous piece! Bravo!

Jacqueline said...

THAT is stunning!!!

Just looking at that has given me some ideas for other projects. My mono is on holiday at the moment.... sigh..

Thanks for sharing.


Jackie x

Ann B said...

Absolutely fantastic - can you tell I love it? So quirky and very, very stylish

A Hovel to Home said...

It's amazing - just love it.

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is fantastic!!!like it? I love it!!!! Hugs trace x

Unknown said...

What a stunning bird Neil - love all your little details - the grungepaper looks amazing!

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow Neil, now, you know cos I told you... I LOVE your first bird cos it is totally amazing.... however, I think you just surpassed that because this little fella is absolutely A~MAY~ZING... I love the colours, the head dress is inspired and basically... I just LOVE it!!! Am off to tell Tim about you!!!

Crafty Loops said...

This is really amazing. I love it. The grungepaper wings are fantastic. Lee x

505whimsygirl said...

Wow Neil, this is great. Somehow I missed your WOYWW post yesterday so came over today and find this - amazing!

Thanks for sharing.
Kay
WOYWW #45

Zuzu's Blog said...

its beautiful Neil

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

ooooooooooooh wow ! this is fabulous !

Glennis F said...

Incredible Neil. I love all the little details

HeARTworks said...

FANTASTIC, Neil! You take my breath away! A wonderfully blessed new year to you and your family! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Wow Neil. This is fabulous. I love all the detail especially on the head dress.
Siobhan x

Brenda Brown said...

Fantastic Neil, so creative and inspirational. He looks as though he is ready to go into battle.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

voodoo vixen said...

Oh my... fabby bird indeed! Love the bits of ornate metal.. sort of gives a regal look!!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Great work, a great addition to the family! Shaz in oz.x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Really Awesome Altered Bird..he looks majestic, great detail. Thanks for sharing.

whyducks said...

A stunning bird Neil.

Debs said...

Awesome

Nan G said...

OMG! Fabulous creation!

Little Artbee said...

So wonderful created this bird, i like it very much. You have a lot of fantasy,great!
Greatings from Germany
Sabine