Friday, 16 December 2011

Technique time at The Stamp Man

Hi there everyone.
It's a new challenge over at The Stamp Man. This week we want to see your projects using a technique you've not used before.
I made a page in my journal using  something I'd seen in a magazine ages ago using a glue gun.
I covered the page with distress stains before adding glue with the gun and allowing to cool. I used red acrylic paint to add more colour and then coloured the glue with autumn gold rub n buff.
I stamped various images from the aspects of design 55 plate around the edges of the page and some small butterflies in between.


I think it turned out ok, I like the randomness of the design and think i'll be playing around  with it a bit more.

Over at The Stamp man there's plenty more inspiration too and a £10.00 voucher for the winner of the challenge too. Hope you all have a great day.

11 comments:

georgina said...

cooool well done,luv Georginaxxx

Von said...

Very different :)
Von

Joanne said...

How exciting and colourful.

Helen said...

What a great effect - I've not seen this before. Wonder where the glue gun is...

Ellie said...

Love this Neil!

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

I've seen this technique somewhere and have never tried it yet. I wonder if you can use it for a more controlled design? Something for pinning! Patsy from
HeARTworks

cat lacigale said...

fabulous idea ! great result !

frances joy said...

cool!!!

Hanneke said...

Wow, this looks great! The colors are so beuatiful!

Mikaela said...

awesome work! love it!

whyducks said...

I love the texture and colour and just everything!