Tuesday 6 December 2011

Tag #6

Hi there everyone.
I don't know about you but I have to say I REALLY enjoyed doing this tag more that I thought I would! Especially as I did not have the foil, hole punch or embossing folders.....
All the details of Tim's tag can be found HERE and here is my version.

I used two embossing folders; the bingo and the collage one as I thought they'd be the style and I'd be able to create a festive feel with them. I mounted some metal (Can't remember what brand) onto glossy card using a double-sided adhesive sheet and embossed. I used Americana acrylic to paint; Tim's sanding block to take off the paint and embossed as per his post. I was amazed at the difference the embossing powder made as I was not overly impressed up to that stage!
I did the Christmas charm the same way but when I laid it onto the tag it just seemed to disappear and I couldn't punch a hole in it anyway so I decided to try popping it onto a rosette and that looked cool to me so I went with that. I cut out the 25 from some of the left over embossed bingo folder and put that in the middle and popped the wreath on top.
Now the wreath stands out nicely and some vibrant ribbon finished it off nicely!
Hope you are all having fun if you are doing the tags and if not I do hope you are finding time to be creative! Enjoy the rest of your day.

19 comments:

Jennie Atkinson said...

A great take on the day 6 tag. And yes I enjoyed it more than I thought I would too. A great idea to use the rosette - it fits in brilliantly.

Suzanne Bouchard said...

What a stylish tag! i love the medieval aspect of it! ood idea too tomatch those 2 texture fades!

Elizabeth said...

I haven't started mine, but as I don't own the Christmasy embossing folders, I was planning on using the Patchwork folder too. I think it goes well :)
Good job!

Morti said...

No, you're quite right about not necessarily having to buy all the TH stuff to do the tags, but as in previous years he's been teaching new techniques, it's always seemed a little inescapable. And with this year he's adding a whole "where to buy" bit, it seems a little, I dunno, commercial. Then there's the hype.... Having said all that, what he produces is always amazing, as are the ones being shared by the folks who are keeping up with it (like yourself) and I only wish I had the time and the energy to join in. I have, however, succumbed and treated myself to some of the stash from the first tag - that tattered pinecone die is fab, and my OH has already had light glinting in his eye at how he can use that with his class of year 5/6 kids! LOL

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love your take on tag #6! It looks wonderful with all the multi colors and I like how they are vintage tones. The rosette was the perfect solution to pop up the wreath. You have created a totally awesome piece!

Belinda Basson said...

I really like your take on this one. I also don't have all the stash so am making do. That is what he wants us to do anyway...Its all about the technique to me and learning about the products. Where I need to and can, I am hand cutting the die cuts. That has worked for me too.

Виктория Волконская said...

super!!!!

Marianne in MD said...

I really like what you've done with the grungier colors. That rosette looks great. Is it vellum or the glassine paper?

Cenee' Herrmann said...

This looks wonderful! I love the addition of the rosette & using a sanding block certainly produced beautiful results.

Picture This said...

Love your version of the tag. I know I don't own all of his folders and tools, but I have quite a collection. I like using something different from what he does just to see what can be done. Thanks for sharing your tag.

DawnW

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Great tag! Bye Mascha

Alison said...

Your tag looks brilliant Neil! The rosette is a great idea!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fantastic!!! The wreath with the metal 25 is a pow!!!

shirley said...

Love your version...looks fabulous!
The rosette was an excellent idea :)

Julia Dunnit said...

The charm on the rosette works for me - great take on the tag. I do not know what it is about embossing right over, it always seems to lift and clarify...marvellous one this.

Stamped Impressions said...

Very nice! I enjoyed seeing what you did with your tag!

Monique said...

really like your variation on this one...dare I say even better than the original?!

MarleneMAZ said...

Absolutely gorgeous tag! I love that you added a rosette to it :)

Maria said...

Beautiful job!!