Thursday 20 October 2011

Dry Embossing at the Craft Barn and journal pages

Good Morning everyone.
Over at The Craft Barn Blog, our calender challenge is in full swing and I can't believe we are past the halfway mark now! For my July page I used and alphabet embossing folder to emboss my letters and sentiments.
Here is my page.
As always, all the details of how I did the page are on the Craft Barn blog HERE so feel welcome to pop on over to get the details (And let them know you've been by leaving a comment there!)

I've also been catching up on some of my journal pages; for those who were at my class you may recognise some that were not finished but now are!
First up


My random thought page. The question just popped into my head one day while looking at the stamp so I stamped the image onto a page and wrote it down before beginning to doodle! (Doodling is very therapeutic I think!)
Then there is this simple page; again based on something I was thinking about in response to a situation.

The next page was something I demoed at the class and this morning, waking up to the first frosts in our part of town, I finished it.


Then; last one for today is this one from a recent trip to see The Rhythm of the Dance at the theatre. Afterwards they were giving out posters so I nabbed one and used it on the page.


I cut and glued the bits that worked for me. Hauled out some of my Celtic stamps and had fun. The background is stormy sky distress ink; there's Americana Jack 'o Lantern orange and some doodling, I also used a charcoal pencil and paper stump to ground the images into the page.
So, now you're up to date with my completed pages. I still have some backgrounds done but pages not finished but you'll be one of the first to see them, I promise!
Hope you all have a blessed and creative day.

4 comments:

CLaire said...

These are lovely pages.... I do like the one with just the red splodge in the middle !!
Don't know why....
You are a very talented guy... did you draw the elephant??? if so..then amazing..
Claire x

An Occasional Genius said...

I love the calendar page Neil, what a great use for all those little squares! I could sit for ages looking at your doodled elephant page, my doodling would never look that good x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi there Neil love the random thought with my fav. stamp, the "efalump", of course!
I wonder if they do ever forget?! A good doodle is very therapeutic so agree, Shaz in oz.x

Helen said...

Great pages, Neil - I love the elephant too. I have the small version... Great doodling. Haven't done any for ages... have a great day.