Tuesday 20 September 2011

It's a beautiful world.......

Good morning everyone. I trust that this finds you well.
Over at Try it on Tuesday this week our challenge inspiration comes from Louie Armstrong's "It's a beautiful world" A sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with! If we listen to the news too much we begin to feel down as there seems to be nothing but bad and sad news so sometimes you need to take a deep breath and pause for a while and look around you; it will lift your soul when you see the beauty around you.
I took my inspiration this week from Autumn to create this tag. (It may have had something to do with the fact I got Tim's new die?!)
I used Umbrella man as the starting point, stamped in brown and outline with a black glitter pen. The tag was coloured with vintage photo distress stain. I then cut out the die in about 6 different cards to give myself a lot to play with and built up the foliage before adding some hand drawn veins and details. I also added a bit of distress ink to add some depth. To me, it speaks of though the days are beginning to darken and the weather may not be so great; there is still so much to enjoy outdoors, and, being British, we always have an umbrella to hand!
To finish I added the sentiment and stamped the small flourish from the Christmas mini holidays plate (My new fav stamp!)
Hope you all have a creative and blessed day today.

2 comments:

Helen said...

What a wonderful tag - I love your leaves - but then I am an autumn kinda gal! Although I don't much like the dark mornings, lol! Have a great day.

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Love your tag Neil. The colours are so autumnal. Here in Scotland the leaves are already changing colour. I nearly bought this die at the weekend at the Stamp Man but bought the old Jalopy instead. The problem is you want them all!
Siobhan