Thursday 4 August 2011

Simon say show a tag.....

Hi there everyone
I've been locked away in my studio most of the day (grandiose word for the shed at the bottom of the garden is studio!) But I've had a fab time playing around, I made two tags so thought I'd show you those and also since they fit the bill for Simon says I'll pop them over there too!
 I started out with one of the new Crafty Individuals tags and added more inks and perfect pearls to tone down the colours (Bit too pink for me you see)

I stamped an image of a lady in brown onto a large Tando chipboard book plate that I had coloured with ink
and triple embossed with clear UTEE and stamped the same image onto the last layer of embossing. To highlight the image I rubbed Inka gold (lava green) over it.


I stamped the same image onto acetate, coloured in with alcohol ink filled pens and trimmed to fit behind the plate and attached to the tag as shown before filling with 3d glaze and a sprinkle of glitter.

I made the rose from pattered paper to match using a daisy punch and spritzed with walnut stain and added some rock candy distress crackle. Some lace and fringing to finish.

Then I made another because I was enjoying myself!

Again I started with a pre printed CI tag. I popped it into the bug and die cut the cage. With a piece of acetate underneath and using the tag and cage as a guide I glued the "waste" bits of the cage to the acetate.
I stamped over the tag with a Crafty Individuals stamp. I sandwiched the acetate between the main tag and a plain white tag and glued together catching the fringing between.
The cage was attached with a jewelled brad as seen with a bit of dimension.

The small bird is from Tando and has been embossed with cosmic shimmer bronze lustre UTEE twice and with a third layer of clear which really adds depth to the colour!
So, I hope you like them. I also made something else which I'm really pleased with but I thought I'd keep you in suspense and I'll post it on Saturday while I'm at The Craft Barn demoing! Or if you are in the area pop on in and you can see it for real!
Be blessed wherever you are today......  

12 comments:

Majo said...

Those tags are gorgeous!

Majo

G Peplow said...

Simply wonderful Neil, love them, Gay xxx

Mrs A. said...

Both the tags are fab but I like the pink one the most. Can't be too pink for me! Mrs A.

Fuchsia said...

Stunning!
love the colors

xxx Myra xxx said...

wow stunning!!

Crafty Loops said...

Wow these tag are incredible. Lee x

Gerri Herbst said...

Fabulous tags...the first one waswonderful, love the little frams with UTEE!

Debbie said...

Beautiful tags! Love the colours, especially the first one! Great details and techniques! Awesome!

Rika said...

These are both beautiful!

Belinda Basson said...

I think the bird cage a piece of genius work! Love the idea of putting all the pieces back.

hazel said...

Fabulous tags - love them both.
xxx Hazel.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Both tags totally rock, Neil. But I really love the first one. The subtle green and pink colors are wonderful and the chipboard bookplate and what you did with the image is just sensational! So happy you joined in the fun with our tag challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!