Friday 29 July 2011

A stitch in Time.......

Goodly day all
I'm literally last minute with posting this ! To be honest, last minute doing it too but i'm sure you will understand why when I tell you that the new fortnightly challenge over at The Stamp Man is....... Stitching! Not really my strong point and with one thing and another I kept putting it off! (no real surprise there)

Still I got there in the end with this book

 I had an Andy Warhol moment and took for of the Hero Art's engraved flower images and gave them the Andy colour treatment with copics before putting them together and making holes and taking thin blue ribbon and sewing as seen. I used the same ribbon to bind it too.
See, real ribbon! (Just in case you did not believe me!)

Have a great afternoon and do pop on over to join us!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats really very effective Neil, those stamps really suit the makeup.

Sewings neat too !


Aj.

Elizabeth said...

Brilliant use of ribbon, and I love the bright colours of those flowers. Thanks for taking the time to drop by my blog earlier despite being so busy - it's appreciated :) Elizabeth

Majo said...

So cool how you worked your way "around" it, love the colours!

Majo

Carmen said...

Lol...beautiful stitching job! It all looks very nice with those gorgeous colors and the center effect. Love the backgrounds too. Great stuff!

Jolanda said...

I love you stitching - it looks very effective

Fuchsia said...

awesome work !

Glennis F said...

What a great effect Neil, and your stitching is great too

Sarah Anderson said...

Love it! What a great design idea :)