Friday 3 June 2011

New challenge at The Stamp Man

Hi there everyone.
I know I'm late with this today but with all the trying to get ready for the Craft Barn weekend I forgot to schedule this properly so here I am......
This time, with Father's day around the corner, it seems quite fitting that we are looking for masculine cards over at The Stamp Man.
This is mine; ideal for Father's day, bon voyage or a birthday card.
The background paper is made using loads of layers of walnut stain distress stain then lightly crumpled before sprinkling some clear EP and then heating. I matted this on to black card with large bronze snaps. The ticket and plane stamped onto cream card and inked.


The ticket lightly distressed with the distressing tool and crumpled up a bit too.

 I heated some bronze UTEE on the craft mat and when cool added to the card, re-heated and stamped the compass to create the seal
Stamps are all Tim Holtz
I look forward to seeing all your creations over at The Stamp Man. Remember one lucky entry will receive a £10.00 voucher. It could be you!
Be blessed in your art today.......

2 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous creation Neil, I love the vintage appeal so apt for a male card.
Good luck with the weekend, I hope I will see you on Sunday as I am planning to come along for a visit. Enjoy.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Ohhh Snap said...

Fabulous card! And to quote that Old Irish Spring Soap (American) commercial from the 1970s, "Manly yes, but I like it too!" :D. I broke all resemblence to a budget to put that stamp set in my cart. TFS!!