Tuesday 14 June 2011

Butterflies

Good morning everyone
This week over at Try it on Tuesday it's tag week and the theme is butterflies. There's loads of inspiring samples from my fellow team-mates so I hope you will pop over and take a look.
Here is my tag.
The colours are not too great, darn camera but still. I used two tags, the bottom one is partly embossed before adding some random paint with a pearl paint dabber. When it was dry some sanding before adding colours in blues and purples.
The second tag was just coloured and stamped in forest moss
I made the flower from a piece of paper I made using the tattered floral die and also a grunge rose for the middle.
The butterfly is chipboard and I triple embossed with normal embossing powders in purple and stamped with a Tim Holtz atc stamp.
Hope you enjoy your day, I'll be here a couple of times today as there's a lot going on!

4 comments:

Angela Weimer said...

Such a wonderful tag Neil. I love the effect you got with the dabber. So many wonderful textures to look at. Have a great week. Angela

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy looking at your work Neil, and it inspires me to try more things with my paints etc.You certainly have a way with colour and texture. You have my vote. All the best Pat

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous tag Neil, am loving playing with the messy paper tecnique.Why don't you enter the tag in Frankie's Dragonsdream TIO challenge it's winged things up to tonight?? Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

Hi Neil, beautiful tag. Love the colours - quite inspiring, I just wish I had a fraction of your talent. Your paper tutorial is brilliant and the technique is one I will just have to try. Elizabeth (Silverscrapper)