Monday 20 June 2011

Birthday card

Hi there,
Hope you all had a fab weekend. We've had a busy but fun weekend. My youngest daughter celebrated her sweet sixteen yesterday so of course we had to do something.... We went down to the beach at Bexhill and wandered through the pavilion and sat in a sheltered place to have a picnic.... though the wind was up the sea looked fab; I do love it when there are proper crashing waves!
Still, I'm here to share a Katzelkraft project with you so here is the card I made for Shenay's 16th

 I Stamped the main image (KTZ70) onto white glossy card using black. Matted onto blue card.I used a piece of my hand made paper matted onto blue to create the background (This is the "reverse" side of the finished sheet)
To create the flowers I covered a piece of paper with a thin layer of decopatch modelling paste. Heated with a heat tool and lightly pressed the inked stamp into it and set aside to dry.
I cut and shaped a few and carefully placed them over the main image to hide the man! I lastly added some micobeadz to the centre. I like the way these flowers turned out and can see that I'll be having plenty of fun with the paste as this was the first time I've used it and the results were great.
If you have not checked out Katzelkraft yet, you really should as they have some fabulous and original stamps. In the UK they are sold exclusively through The Craft Barn.

Hope you all have a lovely day and are blessed in your creative expression.

2 comments:

Paper Issues said...

It's a fabulous card!! That stamping technique is definitely something I want to try!!! It totally rocks!! =)

Michelle said...

Great card Neil - just lovin those flowers!
x Michelle