Monday 16 May 2011

Just catching up, well, sort of!

Good afternoon everyone.
Sorry for the lack of action on this blog last week. I have had one of those weeks really where I seem to have been spinning wheels more than anything.
So there's not much to show you at the moment as I'm trying to get some stuff done that I can't share just yet!
But this is the ATC that I have done for The Stamp Man ATC swap blog where this month the theme is friends.
I Used distress inks to do the background, Tim Holtz mini muse stamp plate is the car and harlequin pattern source and the sentiment is from The Artistic Stamper. I used a fiskars punch to shape the edges and added some microbeadz for texture.
Other than that we went out on Sunday early am to the first car boot sale of the year for us, just had not got round to it before now. It was suprisingly quiet but I still found some pretty good stuff!

The frame is one that I had seen on the high street for upwards of £20.00 but this one which was still sealed was only £2.00. Then some beeswax candles (destined to be melted) a necklace of oriental charms, 60 tags for 20p and I picked up a spanish scrabble set for 25p which had wooden tiles! (the rest of the game is already in the bin!) And lastly this brilliant belt which definately will not be a belt for long

Not bad I don't think!
Then it was off to do some prom dress shopping. Now that could have been stressful but we found a dress that eldest loved and more importantly, no-one else had! Yay, one less thing to stress out about. Funny, in my youth the girls bought a dress and hoped no-one else had it. Now they have a place on FB where they all post pictures of what they have got then no-one else gets it...... well there are only so many options for a formal prom dress so it was getting to the stage of well will there be one out there still that had not been bought!
The other bit of news I am excited about is that I will be demoing at the Craft Barn's extravaganza weekend on the 4th and 5th of June! So if you are in the area do pop in and say hello, I'd love to meet you. There are going to be over 20 of the industries finest (and me) demoing a vast array of fabulous techniques in 4 venues in the town with plenty of space to pull up a chair and absorb creativity!
Details are HERE
Well; all that crafty stuff is crying out my name so i'll be off!
Be blessed in all that you do today. God loves you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats one cool ATC !

Ohh boy, how much do I miss car boot sales ! When we lived in Aberdeenshire we had a massive weekly one at thainstone, awesome source for all things steampunk & favourably on the *strange* side, however, up here in Shetland they just do not happen, best we got up here are some good charity shops where the ladies hang onto broken chains and jewelery for me & interesting old books.

AJ.

Crafting Belle said...

Hi Neil, that's quite a haul you got at the car boot. Just wanted to say thank you for the kind comments on my ATC...I'm embarrased that you got it, I've seen your fab demos and projects on the Craft Barn and Stamp Man Blogs and envy your talent. At least it was my fave of the three I made lol xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Neil you are a gem to go with her for the dress...it's a difficult process! Love your bootsale finds..the scrabble and the tags are the ones that speak to me most!!