Monday 11 April 2011

Sunday Stampers and The Artistic Stamper

Good evening peeps, can't quite believe how the day has flown! This morning we were back at hospital.. All plaster off!!! Susan was VERY happy about that as you can imagine!  However, I think she is also realising that it is not there yet as by this evening, everything is sore and swollen! Still, there is progress ... So after that we picked up the girls and headed off to Standon house for a picnic (Standon was the home of William Morris)
After a day of wandering merrily among the flowers in the sun I finally have a moment to show you this tag. Made for Sunday Stampers where the theme is BLUE and for the Artistic Stamper where it's all about LAYERS
I used blues and browns distress inks on the tag and some perfect pearls too. The sentiment is in brown Stazon.

Some of the detail so you can also see the birds stamped in blue DI.

Then the rosette is made using Tim's rosette die which I bought on Saturday. I cut it twice out of a sheet of crumpled and inked paper which I had made with moonshadow ink (Gorgeous blue shimmer!!!!!)
The bottom rosette is just as the standard, then I trimmed some off the second one. (remembering to trim the bottom too!) and made the second smaller rosette and the third dinky rosette is the "waste" trim off the second; isn't it cute?!
So you can see the layers nicely from this view! The clock is made from stamped friendly plastic.
Some charms and ribbon to finish.....
I'm pleased with the end result and i'm really glad I bought the rosette!
Be blessed and I'll see you tomorrow with a new Try it on Tuesday challenge

9 comments:

Artyjen said...

Lurverly tag! Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month ;)
xoxo Sioux

Belinda Basson said...

Such a cool idea to chop bits off the rosette and layer it up. I also bought that this week-end, but been too run off my feet at work today to play, it awaits me on my desk! thanks for your comment on my blog. The computer is a thief of creative time, though a necessary evil...off to my desk for a creative re-charge! TFS Glad the plaster is off but tell her not to "get tame" as my gran always put it!

Mrs A. said...

Love the blue with the brown and the rosette effect is interesting. Must go and investigate some more.

Sue West said...

Very nice tag. Love those soft colours,great combination.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous tags with wonderful elements.

Dragon said...

This is a great tag as always, Neil... I have just had my rosette delivered so I hope to use it very soon...
Frankie
xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab tag Neil... thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper and the Artistic Stamper challenge... glad to hear Susan has the plaster off... hope that the swelling has gone down now... oh and it was lovely to see you both at AP the other day!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow I love your tag and the fantastic layering of colours. Love the phrase and of course the rosette so in other words love it all !

Marie

Anonymous said...

Great rosette, love the way you were able to achive the multiple layers. The colors are super cool.