Friday 22 April 2011

"Resistance" is not futile at The Stamp Man

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are all well and having a blessed Good Friday. Over at
The Stamp Man The new challenge is RESIST. The design team has been having fun and there is plenty of inspiration on the blog.
This is my card for this week.
I covered a card with old book papers; did some free hand swirls with a resist medium ( I used Tex Podge)
And did the same on another piece of card but then stamped the King Crow stamp in resist.
When dry I inked with various Distress inks to reveal the images.
The edges were inked with Aged Mahogony DI. The rose was made with grunge, some friendly plastic was heated and stamped with Aspects of Design script stamp. Everything then assembled as seen.

Hope you all have a really lovely Easter weekend. I will be enjoying precious family time so I'll probably only be back tuesday.
God Bless

8 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

Enjoy your time with the family, my boys are bonding father and son at Princessvlei fishing! This gives me time to get my sense of humor back by creating at my desk - I hope to get my April ATC to the Stamp Man in time I should have done next months and been ahead... Now I know the system, it will be easier. I love this card and the rose made from grunge. A lot of work went into this.

Michelle said...

Another fantastic project Neil, the rose made with the tattered floral die looks fab. Never heard of text podge so off to go hunt some down!
Happy Easter to you all
Have a lovely weekend
x Michelle

Helen said...

This is ir-resistable!! Have a fabulous family filled Easter.

Netty said...

Wishing you and your family a blessed and Happy Easter. A great card Neil. Have never heard of tex podge only modge podge and wondered what the difference was. Annette x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful card and just love the the colour you have achieved , such a perfect flower too.

wishing you a very happy Easter.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Neil, love all the 'resisting' and the colours are gorgeous ! Sue C x

Siobhan Fyffe said...

What a gorgeous card Neil. The colours really work and the rose is lovely. I also had a look at your bird you altered. It is amazing and I am so looking forward to finding a bird shape so I can have a go. Your whole blog is very inspiring!!
Siobhan

Sue said...

This is fabulous Neil, your flower is a wonderful shade of green, and adds the perfect finishing touch x