Tuesday 22 March 2011

FOLLOW.....

Me again. Over at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week the theme is a word...... Well this immediately spung to mind; strictly speaking it is a sentance but the main word for me is FOLLOW, so that's the theme!
I found this in a charity shop about a month ago and I had just not got round to doing it though I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

I guess these were very popular when people first started visiting the Maldives but the colours are rather bright aren't they?
I started by covering everything with old Wordsworth poetry, nice and messy!

At this stage I was wondering whether I should have left well alone, but too late........
Anyway I then took each fish and inked in a different colour distress ink (I used forest moss, aged mahogony, faded jeans, spiced marmalade and dusty concord) and a combination of all the colours on the main fish. I added highlights with a silver krylon leafing pen and a black marker.
I then stamped each fish with the same stampers anonymous stamp in the same colour. The end product ended up like this.....
It looks like it is taking a nose dive but I have done it to hang at an angle but this way you see the whole frame! The verse is written by hand and stamped with a little dotty texture stamp (also stampers anonymous)

A couple of close ups so you get to see more of the detail......
Enjoy your day and be blessed......

11 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

That is really cool! What a great find!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great idea and fabulously altered. Tracy x

rach said...

Awesome. I love it, it turned out beautiful.

SannaS said...

WOW!!!! GORGEOUS project!! awesome!!! love it!! =)
Hugs, SannaS

Kathy Eddy said...

What a fantastic piece. I love how this came out especially when seeing the before and after. Wow, what a difference.

Candy C said...

Okay Neil...this is frickin' amazing! How did you THINK of this?! :) Great that you did the before and after pictures! And...I love the subject matter..."I will make you fishers of men"! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Dan said...

Such a unique project, and I really enjoyed seeing the process! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Mari said...

I've just discovered your blog... WOW! You are fantastically creative! Your joy in crafting is so much fun to watch - I'll be adding you to my reader so that I don't miss a thing! :D

Birgit said...

Amazing work! Imagination is endless and inspiring!

Art By Wanda said...

This is way cool!!!! Awesome!!!

ThinkInk Creative said...

Like. Like. Like.
you did a great job on this project. A touch of Wordsworth was a master stroke.

cheers,
Malyn