Tuesday 29 March 2011

Ferro at the Craft Barn

Hi there
Over at The Craft Barn there have been some inspirational projects using Ferro pastes and paints so of course I had to have a go this week.
I've kept it very simple and done a tag. No expensive metal stencils required for mine!
I started with a plain tag and using the "waste" section of a flourish cut out of mountboard I used a spatula and Ferro metal effect colour in Gold Iron to create the swirl and set aside for a few hours to dry.
I then used spiced marmalade and brushed corduroy distress inks to colour. Some perfect pearls in gold were brushed over everything and spritzed with water to set. The sentiment is stamped in stazon and the little flourishes were stamped in brushed corduroy around the edge.
The Kraft Glassine flower was the one I made over the weekend.


What I like about this is the texture and dimension the paste gives to a simple tag.
Anyway, I had better get sorted for work so i'll catch up with you later....... be blessed in your art today.

6 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous piece Neil, love the background and the flower is gorgeous. Love your piece below too. I have an award for you on my blog. Tracy Evans x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Awesome use of colours there Neil and love the Kraft Glassine flower, I am going to have to Google that as have no idea what it is but looks really great on this. I have been working on metal last 24hours with scrap lids again so much fun.. did a calligraphy post last night..would appreciate prayer that God will bless it to His glory, thanks!
Shaz in oz.x

Anonymous said...

Great tag Neil !! Thanks for playing with us
isa

donna said...

I want some of that paste. It looks like fun as does the glassine for flowers. Wonderful tag!

The Stamp Man said...

Fantastic tag! I love the texture that can be achieved with ferro, and the swirl is perfect. Kicking myself that I didn't grab that last pad of glassine paper now:) The flower looks great!!

Jill

coKo said...

Your work, Neil, is always a lesson (tutorial ?) for me. I think, if anyone is blessed in his art, you are this one ! Thank you for sharing...