Friday 18 February 2011

Recycling

Good morning everyone.
I have not got round to creating anything yet as I got distracted .....
I was sorting out and discarding some packaging this morning when I had a thought...... Tim's trinket pins come in a lovely little packet that I was sure that could be used for something useful.

I drew up a table of 30, one side for the insert tray and one side for the main packet and dripped 3 or 4 drops of alcohol ink into each tray with the name in the corrosponding space on the table. Once dry you have a palette of up to 30 colours that can be used with a blending fluid filled waterbrush to colour in your fragments, acetate etc and can be topped up easily and when not in use you can close it up for safe storage.
I was pretty pleased with it, what do you think?
(By the way, make sure it is totally dry before you close it!)

9 comments:

Jennie Atkinson said...

Brilliant!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Absolutely brilliant, Neil! totally love it no wastage in any way and easy to use at a moments notice, refillable as well -how good is that?..well done!

Spyder said...

Great Idea, I'm alsways saving acetae 'just in case' it's useful
(Lyn)

Isabelle Norris said...

Great idea Neil !!
isa

Artyjen said...

What a fabby idea! It's nice to get use out of something that would otherwise be thrown away ;)
Went to The Works today btw....sadly none of that plastic metal stuff :( but it's only a small store..however I did find a couple of small items that I just did not know I could not live without!!! LOL
xoxo Sioux

DonnaMundinger said...

Brilliant! Amazing use of the packaging and the perfect size for small projects. Bravo! xxD

Dee in N.H. said...

Uhmmm, Brilliant comes to mind....

Dee in N.H. said...

Oh and guess what? I'm follower #100! Yay, stumbled across your great blog!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Wonderful idea I'm going to save my packaging next time .Love you blog
Marilyn