Tuesday 8 February 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge 67

Left it a bit late this week as I was stuck for inspiration! Beautiful colours, I just did not have a clue as what to do! Well, this morning I told myself "It's a challenge, rise to it!" So I ended up doing this journal page. The Jury is still out on it but still, I used the colours!



For the left hand page I used embossed strips of all the colours and framed them in blue. ( To show that our lives are a patchwork of experiences that together make up who we are) On the right hand side I used three of the colours to create my page for writing. The felt butterfly is from Papermania. Everything ended up with a dusting of Aged Mahogany distress ink....
Oh well,  I was definately challenged! Whether successful or not remains to be seen!
Be blessed today

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Well done Neil on taking part in the 'challenge'. Great idea with the 'patchwork of experiences' and love that butterfly on your journal :) Thanls for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Fab said...

Simply love the 'interlaced' look and that embossing is just right. Great project ! :)

Tracey said...

Neil I think it is fabulously creative....as ususal :) LOVE the woven panel of PDCC colours! Thanks for joining us again this week at the Play Date Cafe :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Neil, I really like your weaving and also what it stands for. Very wonderful use of our colors this week. Thanks for playing with us at the Cafe. :D It's always nice to see you here.

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful pages and very creative symbolism. Love it! xxD

Sarah Anderson said...

Ooooo, fab weaving Neil, and I'm so glad you rose to the challenge - that's what it's all about ;) Gorgeous butterly too :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love how you gave your strips texture before you weaved them - it's such a neat effect. Way to go in giving the colors a try. Glad to have you bringing your own spin into The Play Date Cafe.

Andrea Ewen said...

Love that collage type design, so eye catching! That butterfly is just perfect in it's sweet delicateness and awesome use of our colors, too! Great project, Neil, glad to see it over in the Play Date Cafe site!