Friday 28 January 2011

Valentine Challenge journey - day 2

Hi there everyone. Hope you had a good day yesterday and welcome to day 2 of my little challenge.
For any latecomers click here for the details if you would like to join in.

So today's ATC is:


As always, i'll tell you how I made mine, then feel free to interperet as you wish....
To do the base ATC I covered with a few pieces of tissue tape (Tim Holtz) distress ink to colour; then
re-positioned the tape and used another colour and repeated again overlapping some of the colours.
The E is a negative (As I had run out of E's as you always do!) but I liked the shape! I lightly coloured with fired brick distress ink. Using black stazon I stamped a geometric border down the side of the ATC and the base and top of the E.
I cut and embossed the butterfly using a Cuttlebug die and dull gold paper, fired brick distress ink to highlight
(Tip; if you are doing these with me then while you are doing the butterfly you may want to cut a couple more to save a bit of time later!)
I attached the butterfly as shown just in the middle so the wings are flexible.
See, I'm trying to keep things simple so it does not take too long to make each day. Hope you enjoy it
and have a creative and blessed day.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Pretty! I like the non-Valentine's day color scheme. :)

Ellie Knol said...

I am also using non-valentine colors. I made up another sentence - also 14 letters.

And I'm warning - my style is totally different from yours - doesn't matter hu?!

I'm keeping up so far.

Neil said...

Hi Ellie, glad you are keeping up, i'm looking forward to seeing the finished one, no it does not matter that it is a different style, the idea is for you to enjoy yourself with me!

DonnaMundinger said...

Really pretty, Neil! Has a bit of an Asian feel. xxD

Heidi said...

I Like this and the first one, am having a good look at each, don't have much spare capital at mo, but will create with what I have, hope you like the end results. Heidi.