Wednesday 8 December 2010

Tim's tag no 8, Neelz take

Hi there; wellI have to say that this tag turned out very differently than Tim's; About the only thing in common is the technique!
I did not have the mask he used so decided to use the bird die. That was fun but I managed in the end with the help of a lot of post-its! I used my own street scene again, well parts of it anyway. Then I realised I had done my tag the opposite way so my corners were "wrong" So I had to rethink a bit. In the end I sat looking at it and thought that the bird was too small and the tag just was not working for me; what to do? Lightbulb moment!!!!! I had the daisy cuts from day 7 tag doing nothing so I used that, added some wire to tie in with the chimney smoke and job done. Much better... The to all a good night was done in clear on my dymo printer and stuck to canvas, distress stickle on the clock face as I did not like the white on this tag.

 An interesting tag to do; bu I know that for next year I had better get some masks, father christmas stamps, reindeer dies... the list goes on!
Be blessed in your art today

10 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

LOL I don't think it matters what you buy you can guarantee you still won't have everything LOL
Fabby tag and well improvised :D
Julie xx

N. R. Williams said...

Greetings. I found you through Dominic. Nice work. I haven't seen anything like this before.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Jennie Atkinson said...

A lovely take on the original. I just love seeing your work - it really is great.

Artyjen said...

Your street of houses looks so inviting....all warm and cosy.....great tag
xoxo Sioux

Mariannes gjenbruk said...

I love your tag !!! And the street of houses are so lovley ;-)

Ellie Knol said...

Just so beautiful!!!

The Dolphin Inn said...

This is so clever Neil , loving your little row of houses and your birdie looks fab too TFS XXX

Heather said...

Your tag might be different from Tim's but it's equally as lovely.

Minxy said...

Looks grand to me, a fine job well done

Fliss said...

Wow! Really gorgeous.
x