Monday 29 November 2010

Simon Says stamp and show; a Tag

Morning everyone.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Over at Simonsays stamp the challange this week is a tag. Nice and simple. This time I avoided christmas and did a nice simple one. I used Rangers pearls acrylic paint dabber on the background, coloured over with distress inks in blues. The stamp is a do crafts celtic circle. I highlighted that with pinks and some rock candy stickles. The leaves are from a necklace and a metal sentiment. Pink organza ribbon adds the finishing touch.
Nice, simple yet very effective colours.
Be blessed in your art today.

9 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning leaves!! I like the ribbon and the "wishes" too! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us in the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Martina said...

It`s a joy to visit your artwork and your fabulous blog! You have such a wonderful way of creating art that I just love! Keeps me returning to see what you will do next.
Cheers
MARTINA :-)

Nancy said...

Love this tag! I really like the background - going to have to try it myself.

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very cool technique with the paint dauber and the distress ink. It makes me want to run my fingers over it to feel it. The metal word and the leaves are such wonderful embellishments! Super job on the tag challenge. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Valerie-Jael said...

Really lovely tag, well done! Valerie-Jael

Lynne Forsythe said...

Neil....what a very "MANLY" tag....and I'm lovin' it!! fab embellies and techniques!!!

thanks bunches for playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog and the Design Teamies!!

Netty said...

Terrific tag. Annette

Sue said...

This is lovely, beautiful background, and the pink ribbon is the perfect finishing touch x

Sarah A said...

Love this, especially the background.

Sarah