Tuesday 9 November 2010

Purple silver and gold

Over at the Creative Cottage challenge blog (Link on the sidebar) the theme is embossing and over at Tuesday Taggers (Link on my blog list) the theme is the 3 colours above with a bit of stamping so this card will suit both so I'm entering it into both!
I used silver as the base card. I embossed silver card and gold self adhesive metal finish with a texture fade folder, mounted as shown then adhered to purple to matt. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment.
To add interest I also used a silver necklace around the top card for fun and mounted with raised pads.
I have to say that I am happier than I thought I would be with the finished card! Just goes to show that sometimes the colours you don't usually associate together do in fact work well!

Just a close up of the top section; which I think could make a nice 9albeit rather chunky) ATC
Have a nice day and whenever you can, squeeze in some craft, it is good for the soul!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just LOVE it. We never think to use gold and silver together we think it doesn't go together. Nice to see you back at TT this week
hugs
Ildiko

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous has the real WOW factor and congratulations on your recent win! thank you for sharing with us again at Tuesday Taggers. xx Zoe

Sue said...

Hi ya Neil
wow what a beautiful card, gorgeous colour combo, fabulous design,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to 2moro, sue,x

PatR said...

Absolutely gorgeous, you've shown off these colours to perfection. Thanks so much for joining the TT challenge this week. xx

Sally H said...

Oh wow, Neil! That is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week!