Friday 8 February 2019

Shining lights

Good morning friends.
Back again and this time we're up to Christmas lol. This year the budget didn't stretch to splashing out so it was a handmade gift opportunity.......

 This was my time to get creative for my daughters other halves. Luckily they are both gamers so I raided the studio where I had a couple of lamps and game pieces I had picked up earlier in the year to make them each a desk lamp.

 These are them in progress. They always look a little bit messy to begin with...

 


Then they start to look a little better when the gesso goes on.

 But of course, the real magic happens when you bring out the paints and waxes......
This is the first one done.




 And the second.






I thoroughly enjoyed making these and both were well received which is always a plus! I used my trusty DecoArt Media products; black modeling texture, Fluid Acrylics and Metallic Lustres and sealed with spray varnish.
Hope you like them.

3 comments:

Artyjen said...

I’m sure they were well received...just perfect for a gamer I would say. 👍🏻

Mrs A. said...

Both amazing works of art. Mrs A.

Siobhan Fyffe said...

These are fabulous Neil!!